4 YEARS BACHELOR DEGREE IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT&CATERING TECHNOLOGY
BACHELOR IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT & CATERING TECHNOLOGY
The Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management & catering technology that we offer prepares students to enter the world of hospitality as leaders and managers with a strategic approach to business. It combines management theory with hands-on hospitality courses and professional internships in leading star hotels in India or abroad. The 4 year course approved by AICTE & affiliated to The University of Kerala has lot of job prospects in various hospitality sectors like Star Hotels, Cruise lines, Railways, Airlines, Fast food restaurant outlets, IT sectors and many more. The demand for professional hotel management graduates is so high in the Europe, Americas, and Gulf countries. The diversity of experience in Bachelor of Hotel Management course is greater than that of any other professional courses, as it has the involvement in various areas like Food production & Patisserie, Food and Beverage service, Front office operation, Accommodation Operation, Sales and Marketing, Management, Accounting etc. By understanding the ever increasing demand for talented and creative professionals in hotel and tourism industries which accelerates the economic development of the country; AICTE, Government of Kerala and The University of Kerala have given approval for regular course in Hotel Management & Catering technology.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR B H M C T GRADUATE
The potential for growth in careers in Hospitality industry is massive. In India a resurgent tourism sector maintained its record of providing employment opportunities to about 22 lakhs people and this sector has shown a growth rate of about 17%. Surveys conducted on Hospitality industry point out that this sector is important for providing economic development and employment generation, particularly in remote and backward areas. Hospitality industry is manpower intensive industry. It offers numerous employment opportunities than any other sector. However, there is an enormous shortage of qualified professionals to manage the hospitality industry especially Hotel Industry. Hotel management professionals are most sought after ones, in Star Hotels, Airlines, Sales and Marketing Outlets, and Cruise Ship etc. Many International Hotels including Sheraton, Hyatt, Radisson, Le Meridien, Four seasons, Inter Continental Hotel Groups and Marriott international are already established in the Indian market and are still expanding. ITC hotels, Indian Hotel Company Ltd .(The Taj group), East India Hotels ( The Oberoi group), Asian hotels Ltd, Hotel Leela Venture and Hotel Corporation of India have matured as leaders, providing healthy and comparable standards of completion. Tourism is also now factored as a catalyst in the further development of hospitality industry. Global growth and development of tourism have opened up innumerable openings; and a graduate can look forward to career opportunities as::
- Management trainee in Hotel and allied hospitality industry
- Kitchen management / House Keeping management trainees in Hotels
- Flight Kitchen and on board flight service also offer career opportunities
- Guest/ Customer Relation Executive in hotel and other service sectors 78
- Executive in International and National fast food chains
- Executive in Hospital and Industrial catering
- Faculty in Hotel Management / Food Craft Institute
- Crew member in shipping and Cruise lines
- Hospitality marketing/ sale executive in hotel and other service sectors
- Hotel executive in State Tourism Development corporations
- Resort Hospitality Executive and spa Management
- Other Multinational Companies for their hospitality operations.
|Fee Details||1 st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th Year|
|Hostel Mess Fee||2500 /- Per month|
|Annual Hostel Rent||7500/- Per Year|
- Note: Above fee does not include examination fee, stationary fee,and other minor charges.
- Payable on or before 7th of each month
- Fee once remitted will not be refunded except Caution Deposit. Above said fees are Subject to Govt.Approval.